The Data We Collect About You
InnoHosting operates within UK Data Protection Laws as well as applicable laws where our servers are located. We maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, which is in force in the European Union since May 25th, 2018. The data we collect about you has to be relevant, accurate and up to date. It must not be kept longer than it is absolutely necessary and we are obligated to provide you all the information we hold on you on request (where feasible). The data we collect about you includes:
- Personal & Business data you submit to us voluntarily
- Information we have collected about you from 3rd party services (3rd party anti-fraud agencies, credit agencies, publicly accessible information)
- Statistical data usage of your account
- In some circumstances, information you have voluntarily made publicly available
When you use InnoHosting services, we may also gather other information such as:
- Technical details about the devices you use to access InnoHosting services, including your internet and/or network connection (including your IP address); mobile device identifiers; your operating system, browser type or other software; your hardware details; or other technical details provided by your web browser. This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which does not provide personal information. This is used to provide troubleshooting for our features and services which requires the knowledge of the environment in which the issue occured.
- Details of your usage of InnoHosting services, including but not limited your movements within the client portal, statistical metrics about features you use, and so on.
- Any data or information stored and sent by the contacts/subaccounts you have under your main client account - meaning the two preceding datapoints of this subparagraph. You hereby acknowledge that you are responsible for gaining the consesnt of the contact/subaccount owner(s).
- Credit card details, which are in turn tokenized and encryped for your protection.
- Any other information we may require to provide you with our services, including e-mail and phone communication, data that we may ask you in support tickets.
How We Use Your Data
InnoHosting treats your data in the strictest of confidence. We understand the trust you have given us and under no circumstances do we intend to ever betray that trust. We will use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our hosting service
- To provide you with domain names as a reseller of Enom or NetEarthOne, our trusted domain partners
- To provide you with the CloudFlare CDN
- To inform you of the changes and updates we process for our services and the client portal
- To communicate with you regarding past and present issues concerning your account, your website hosted at InnoHosting, or any other services/products that you may have with us
- To improve and modify our service according to popular demand and trends in feature usage
- In connection with the services of our partners, such as payment processors, located in and outside the European Union, but only to the extent necessary to provide those services
- For security reasons, such as avoiding credit card fraud
Internal access to your data is limited by staff privileges. Only the information relevant and necessary for staff to assist you with support requests and management of your account is shown. For example, technical support staff does not have access to sensitive billing details nor your full address. But they do have access to certain information that we use to verify the authenticity of a request you make. Similarly, data center engineers have no access to any billing or ticket information of your account as it is not necessary for their day to day work.
3rd Party Access To Your Data
In some cases, it may be necessary for us to disclose certain details about you to a 3rd party (i.e. law enforcement or fraud prevention). The information we release will only be the absolute minimum information that is required.
Legal Grounds for Data Processing
Any and all information that we gather from you is gathered on a case-to-case basis, depending on the service you require. We may also use the information we collect from your client portal activities for marketing and statistical purposes in order to improve our services and the overall client experience.
Any and all information that we gather from you is stored and processed on our secure servers or those of our trusted partners. We implement strict technological and procedural measures to keep your data secure and safe.
We only store your data for as long as we need to provide you with the services that you require, after which they are either deleted or anonymized. We may keep anonymized data regarding your invoicing (ie. the amount you paid).
At any point in time you have the right to request that we delete or obfuscate any data that may be used to identify you as an individual. However, please bear in mind that by doing so, you may be requird to cancel a part of the services that we provide you as we may not be able to provide you with that service with the corresponding data.
For emergency data recovery reasons, we have backups of our billing systems - including the data that we collect from you. These backups are stored on a separate, secure server and are deleted monthly.
We recognise that we have a spcial obligation to protect personal information obtained form children. Legally, children under 16 years of age cannot have an account with InnoHosting - they would need to have a parent/guardian sign up on their behalf. We do not and will not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 16 without consent from their parent or guardian.